Bean and Potato Salad with Basil Oil
Green beans 2lb
Shallot, sliced thin 2 small
Basil, sliced thin 1/8 cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup
Basil, minced 1.5 T.
Salt & pepper TT
- Clean beans, remove ends, snap. Set aside.
- Wash potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces. Place in cold water, add salt, and cook until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the infused oil. Place oil and sliced basil into a shallow pan. Heat oil on medium heat until basil aroma comes through. Turn heat off, strain oil, and set aside.
- To cook beans, remove potatoes from stock pot, and add beans to the hot water. Return to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer; cook until tender. 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cooked beans to hot potatoes, drizzle with infused oil, add minced basil, and season with salt and pepper.